It is the end of another week and time for an update on my work spaces....I'm not quite as far as I'd like to be at this point, however, I did make a little progress. The photos may not look like much to you....but if you saw the previous state (in person), you would be impressed by these photos!
I tackled a couple things this past week:
1. I painted the walls (with the help of my kids)
2. I painted the floor (all by myself!)
My goals remain the same: continue to de-clutter, tackle one space at a time, and create a pretty, organized space to work! Here is a look at the week....and a few before/after shots....
The photo on the left shows the dingy concrete floor. I painted it and now it's a nice fresh and clean gray in the photo on the right. Painting the floor alone made the space so much better already. Then the walls.....
You can see why the curtain was necessary! I had to have a way to visually separate not only the clutter from my office, but the ugly dreary dark concrete too! Out of sight out of mind, right? That concept works too well for me. But, no more! I enlisted Vince and Luke to help paint. Those little hands did an amazing job painting in all those cracks (which was a huge pain!). They loved doing it. It was a win-win situation for all involved.
I would love to be able to show you pictures of beautifully organized storage solutions in my new space.....but I'm not quite there yet. I have to say though, that doing this blog series has been a tremendous motivator in helping me accomplish my work space goals. If you have been following along, I hope this series has in some way inspired you to tackle an area of your home as well! Or, at the very least, demonstrate that a cluttered mess isn't all that bad when you set goals and break the task into smaller steps. For me that is how any job is accomplished!
The photo on the right is a view looking at my office. Before, I could barely see my office standing from that vantage point...my eyes were just too confused with all the clutter crowding the space right up to that curtain. Now, I can actually take a photo standing here, and it's not so bad! That is progress.
Here are a couple early "before" shots in case you missed Part One:
When I look at the "before" shots, I really am amazed it got that bad! So, even though I didn't meet all my goals for this week, I certainly did get something right! The de-cluttering and the painting have gone far. I am looking forward to wrapping this project up....hopefully sooner than later!
Thanks for checking in! If you missed Part One and Two in this series, you can check them out by clicking on these links:
Happy Friday and happy weekend!