Good morning! I'm back on the blog today, talking about the most common home decorating headaches that busy home-owners experience. But first, let's debunk a couple myths about hiring a decorator:
1. "It's too pricey" or "It's just an added expense"
This one is going to be debunked FAST, because it couldn't be further from the truth! What sets Novo Decor apart form traditional interior decorators is that projects are done using as much of what the customer already owns as possible. Then, new items are added where necessary, and the "old" outdated stuff is given new life....using a few tricks up my sleeve.
I even offer a decorating service where I use ONLY what the customer already has. The customer pays for nothing new, except of course, fresh ideas!
Novo Decor is resourceful, and customers love it. Decorating packages are tailored to each customer's budget. No surprises. In the end, my packages SAVE the customer money. Here's how......
2. "I'll save money if I do it myself"
I'm going to debunk this one.....NOW. I've seen so many home-owners struggle with successfully finishing a room. Whether it's lack of time, or simply not knowing how to pull it together, the room doesn't get done.
Often what happens for many home-owners is that shopping trips become longer, more frequent, or more sporadic. Why? Because finding the right pieces, (or knowing what pieces to look for), isn't as easy as we'd like.
The result? Frustration. Too many shopping trips. Time wasted. The on-line "coma", (browsing endlessly and end up buying nothing, OR, buying "things" that look good on-line,or in-store, but don't seem to fit together once we get them).
These things lead to an unfinished room, and a whopping 89% of home-owners have a room in the house that is unfinished. Are you one of them?
Home decorating headaches Summarized
1. No time! Things get busy. It's easy to fall into the trap of a busy schedule. Due to limited time, a plan doesn't happen, let alone finding what is needed for the space. The result is a room (or rooms) that never gets done.
2. Lack of skill. Not knowing where to start, or how to pull a room together is the biggest reason a room goes un-styled, and unfinished.
3. No desire. Going back to #1, things get busy. When we're busy, our home interiors get put on the back burner. In fact, many things we want/need to get done, are put on the back burner when we're pressed for time. Having a put-together home interior doesn't have to though.
Think about it: The point of hiring any professional to come into our homes and do something for us, is that they do it for us! Why? Because we don't really want to do it ourselves, or, we don't know how to do it. Could we do it ourselves? Probably. Would there be guarantees we did it well, or correctly? Nope. Do we have time to do it ourselves? Heck no.
For those home decorating "headaches"......Good-bye advil, hello Consultation
A FREE home consultation with Novo Decor is the first step. Get suggestions, and tips customized for YOUR space....at no cost. New to Novo Decor? Get 10% OFF if you book a service with me!
See the Anderson's room project HERE They had their FREE consultation back in February, and in April, their room was DONE for them. Not bad!
"A free consultation? That's not typical in the decorating "biz". You're right. But Novo Decor is not your traditional interior design service. Schedule your consultation below....
No one likes a headache. There are decorating headaches out there that need eliminating.
Get rid of the headaches and let Novo Decor........
- design any room in your home, including color scheme, furniture selection, rug selection, decor, and accessories using a digital photo collection of hand-selected items for your space. This is called a Design Board. This service also includes a where-to-buy guide, which means zero hassle for you. Just look at the plan, guide, and get your shopping done in less than 30 minutes (if you do it on-line!).
Here is an example of what a Design Board looks like:
- decorate a room for you, using what you already have on hand. No need to buy all new things. You'd be surprised how a room can be freshened up simply by using pieces in different ways, re-arranging furniture, and decor.
- design and decorate a room for you. All the necessary pieces for a room are brought in, and the whole room is styled for you.