Hello! Are you ready to see the evolution of a bench? From an untreated hand-built wood piece of furniture, (I cannot take credit for building it!) to a freshly stained, custom painted piece, this bench is now officially "in the house!" (Becky's house). Becky entrusted me to the task of re-creating her bench into something fun; something that fit in with her home decor and color scheme. Today, I had the great honor of delivering her bench......
Are you ready to see pictures???
Rustic, painted bench in 6 steps:
1. Apply stain in "Dark Walnut"
2. Plan the design on paper. Take bench top measurements in order to replicate the design onto the wood
3. Replicate the design onto the wood using good old fashioned chalk, and a yard stick.
4. Begin painting each section. Thank goodness for painter's tape (and a little patience!)
5. Sand and distress to achieve a rustic, aged appearance
6. Apply sealant using outdoor proof clear sealant. That way, if the bench is ever moved to the front porch, it will be protected from the elements.
I really like the mix of rich wood stain and the paint....
Using pops of color consistent with the room's color scheme, a fun design, and a rich walnut-stained wood, this bench is a keeper.
Thank you so much, Becky, for choosing me to re-create this great wooden bench for your home! I hope you love it for a long, long time.